- November 9, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Categories: Blog, Sage
There are various reasons why you encountered this issue, so try installing the most recent version to fix it. You should also make sure that it supports an internet connection and that there are no incomplete installations.
Sage 50 Error – What Is It? The Script on this Page Contains a Bug
This is a technical glitch with Sage that manifests during Sage launch time, as was already mentioned. Depending on your version, the error you might encounter might resemble the one below more or less.
- Line: [Line Number]
- Char: [Character]
- Error: Object doesn’t Consultant this property or method: ‘PAWWeb.HostApp’
- Code: 0
- URL: [Directory/WhatIsNew/[Location].htm]
Script errors frequently come with a prompt like: Do you wish to proceed?
- Invalid script line 26
- Cannot display starting programme due to script problem
- Script error: starting programme cannot be displayed
- What’s a new window script error
- Internal accounting review script error
- Can’t display script error page
- Select for payroll entry script error
What causes Sage 50 script errors? Let’s look at some of the causes of this problem.
- Couldn’t install Sage 50 in the latest release.
- Using an unConsultanted version of Internet Explorer.
- Blocked ActiveX controls on IE.
- You are using a 64-bit computer and the program is not installed in Program Files (x86).
- Program path files are not valid.
- Installation got interrupted or damaged.
- Too high set User Account Control settings.
Solutions for Sage 50 On this page, a script error has occurred.
There are numerous approaches that could be used to solve this issue. Let us go through each step with you one by one.
Step 1: Installing the latest service release of Sage 50
- Go to Sage 50 on your computer.
- Follow this path: Services >> Check For Updates >> Check Now
- Choose Download Sage 50 and exit Sage 50.
- Service release will be installed now.
- Now, see that the error is gone.
Step 2: Setting up Sage Advisor
- Open Sage 50 on your computer and follow this path: Help> Sage Advisor Settings.
- Once there, look for Show the Setup Advisor on-screen assistance box and clear it.
- Hit Ok and exit Sage 50 to ensure that the changes take effect.
- Launch Sage 50 Once again and see if the problem has been resolved.
If the problem is still not resolved and you get the warning “An Error Has Occurred In The Script On This Page,” take the following actions:
Step 3: If the Installation was Damaged or Incomplete
- Exit Sage.
- Now go to the Program Path.
- Look for a folder named PTToday and Change its name to OLDPTToday.
- Find another folder named ProductServices Change its name to OLDProductServices.
- Now run a repair.
- Finally, disable the Antivirus, find the latest service release, and reinstall it.
- Open Sage again and check that the problem has been resolved.
Step 4: Enabling the ActiveX Control
- Open your Internet Explorer, go to Tools, and then to Internet Options.
- Go to Security and follow to Local Intranet.
- Find the Custom Level button and click it.
- Find the section ActiveX controls and plug-ins and enable Allow previously unused ActiveX controls to run without prompt.
- Enable Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
- Now hit Ok and then Yes if you are prompted to allow changes and then Ok.
What exactly do you need to enable to fix the error if Sage 50 reports that an error has occurred in the script on this page because ActiveX controls are blocked?
Make sure the following are enabled in ActiveX:
● Enable ActiveX and plug-ins:
● Enabled Download Signed ActiveX Control
● Enabled Script ActiveX components that have been designated as scriptable.
How can you know if your UAC is disabled?
Here are the steps to see if UAC is turned off:
● Look for a Registry Editor on the internet.
● Now Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then go to Software.
● Once done click on Microsoft than Windows.
● Then go to Current Version then navigate to Policies.
● Once you go to Policies, finally go to the System option.
● If the value for Enable LUA is not 0, double-click it and modify it to 0.
● Finally, Reboot the computer.
What possible causes could there be for the incorrect installation of Sage 50?
Improper installation of Sage 50 can result in the error Sage 50: An Error Has Occurred in the Script on this Page for the following reasons:
The user may have installed a trial version that has since expired, causing subscription troubles.
● It’s possible that the on-time scanner is preventing the installation from proceeding.
● Due to incomplete installation operations, the.NET Framework has become corrupted or damaged.
● The local administrator’s failure to turn on.NET in the window highlights.
● The window installer is unable to stop the ubiquitous service in order to continue the installation procedure.
● Internet connectivity that isn’t working properly.