- November 18, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
What is Error 6144 in QuickBooks?
The most typical issue is the 6144 error number for QuickBooks. This problem typically occurs when you attempt to launch the corporate file. This issue prevents you from using the primary PC or any other PC to carry out any tasks while it occurs.
What triggers the 6144 error in QuickBooks?
- Server network problems.
- Due to spyware or viruses, QuickBooks and Windows files are corrupted.
- File deletion or a damaged window registry
- Installation issues or a corrupt QuickBooks download.
How Can the QuickBooks Error 6144 Be Fixed?
Step 1: Activate the QuickBooks service option
- Go to QuickBooks’ Start icon and choose the Services category.
- From the list of services, choose the QBCFMonitoringservice icon.
- Identify the service that has already been activated and is set to automatic.
- Verify the radio button, click Apply, and then OK if the services are not running automatically.
Step 2:Alter the kind of your account
- Go to the Control panel and change the account type.
- Go to the User Account icon by navigating.
- Select the option to add or remove user accounts next.
- Select the icon for QBDserviceuser23.
Step 3:On Your C Disc, Create Folders
Additionally, make a brand-new folder called QB on your C drive. Next, choose whether you want to read or write to each folder. The folders you need to create are stated below:
- Add system
- Add user
Step 4: In a new folder, duplicate your company file
After creating the business file successfully, you must copy it to the new folder. File corruption and your application not starting can both be caused by file size. To do this, take the following actions:
- Navigate to the user section under the User tab on the C drive.
- Select public papers by going to the Public icon.
- Go to QuickBooks, then select Company Files
- You will now learn where the Company file is located.
- The QB file must then be copied and pasted into the new folder.
Step 5: Create firewall inbound and outbound rules
- Then select advanced settings under the Windows Firewall menu.
- Go to the new rule and port icon after selecting the inbound rules.
- Click on next.
- Use port numbers based on QuickBooks Desktop as of right now.
The dynamic port number can be obtained by:
- Enter “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” in the Start menu.
- Continually go to the Port Monitor section.
Step 6: Open the database server manager for QuickBooks
- Select the QuickBooks icon from the Programs list.
- From the drop-down list, select the QuickBooks database server manager
- Tap on the add folder tab and add the QuickBooks folder in the C drive.
- Activate the Scan Now option to begin the scan of the company file.
Step 7: Your QuickBooks corporate file back up
- Run QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Select on open or restore company file.
- Select the option to open and run the files in multi-user mode by clicking on the QuickBooks company file.
- Activate your hosting and go to the file.
- Next, choose the utility icon.
- Now, select the stop multi-user access option.
- It will let you access the company files on the server system.