- November 25, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
Widely used accounting software QuickBooks is prone to a variety of mistakes, and while each of these errors has a particular cause, QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 stands out as having no known cause.
This generic code problem can appear when attempting to download the most recent payroll update. This error may have been caused by a mix of human and mechanical error. By contacting our specialists at Pro Accountant Advisor by dialling our QuickBooks help number, 1-844-405-0907, you can address the issue more quickly. In any other scenario, you can fix the mistake yourself by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
What Causes QuickBooks Error PS058?
There might be too many reasons behind to this error. Few are as given below:
- Windows Explorer files are corrupted.
- Damaged QuickBooks company files
- Firewall or other security applications are preventing QuickBooks to access.
- Your QB company files are not available on local drive
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
The steps to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 are listed below. All of the processes are simple and handy to follow, but if you run into any issues, you may call the QuickBooks payroll error support service for immediate assistance.
Solution 1: Download Payroll Update again
- First of all you need to download the payroll update again from the payroll server
- From the Help menu, go to ‘Employees‘ and then click on ‘Get payroll updates‘
- Click on ‘Download Entire Update‘ checkbox
- Hit a click on ‘Download Latest Update‘.
Solution 2: Now try to download the latest upgrade release from Intuit QuickBooks
- Download the latest update of QuickBooks Software from the Intuit main website.
- You can check the the version of your QuickBooks software by following these steps:
Solution 3: Download the latest software update online
- First of all, download the patch file ‘qbwebpatch.exe’. This can be downloaded from https://powerbookllc.com/.
- Make sure that you have an active internet connection and download the patch file.
- Shift the downloaded file from computer to that computer that has QuickBooks on it
- Now, install the patch file and update the tax file from CD/Flash Drive.
Solution 4: Check of there are any errors in company file
- Press ‘F2‘ or ‘Ctrl+1‘ keys to open the ‘Product Information’ Ensure that QuickBooks is open.
- In the Product Information window, press ‘F3 or Ctrl+2‘ keys
- Now, go to ‘Tech Help‘ window, and click on ‘Open File’
- If there is any file named ‘qbwin.log’ then double click on it.
- To open a small window, press the keys ‘Ctrl+F‘ keys. Enter the word ‘Error’ in the field and hit ‘Enter‘.
- Now, identify the numerical error code which can be QuickBooks Error 15270 and look for it on the website.
Solution 5: If no error found in last step or you have used RegCure, then follow the steps below:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete‘ keys and open ‘Task Manager utility‘
- Now, search the following programs in the list- ‘qbupdate.exe’ and ‘qbdagent2001.exe’. If you find them, close them using ‘Close Program’ tab.
- In the search window, type ‘reboot.bat’
- When you find the file, double click on it.
- This will open a ‘DOS-type shell‘ and will be closed automatically once it’s done.
- Now, restart your system and download the latest payroll update again.
Solution 6: Run reboot.bat file
- On your keyboard, Press ‘CTRL + ALT + DEL‘ keys and Choose the ‘Task Manager‘ from the list.
- After that go to the ‘Processes tab‘ and go to the QuickBooks and its related processes.
- Now you need to ‘End all the processes‘ one by one.
- Navigate to ‘Start‘ button and type ‘reboot.bat‘ in the search field.
- Press ‘Enter‘ button.
- You need to Run the file and wait for a while until the process gets complete.
- Close it once the the process finish.
- Reboot your computer system.
- Finally try to download the latest payroll tax table.
We reassure you that any of the aforementioned fixes will fix the QuickBooks problem PS058. However, if you are still experiencing problems with your QuickBooks, please contact us at our toll-free number, +1-866-973-9785, and one of our professionals will assist you in resolving the issue.