- November 18, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
When a user attempts to restore the company file from a backup, the infamous QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 appears. The problem disrupts the activities of the QuickBooks company file and emerges out of nowhere with no prior warning. The troubleshooting techniques described in this article can be used to quickly fix the variables and technical issues that are the cause of QuickBooks Desktop problem 6123. You may save a lot of time by determining the causes of errors, so we’ve also provided a list of the most frequent causes of QuickBooks error codes 6123 and 0. For comprehensive troubleshooting information, read the tutorial in its entirety.
What is Error Code 6123, 0 in QuickBooks?
When the error code 6123 occurs in the QuickBooks Desktop application, the message “Error: -1623, 0” is displayed. We apologise, but QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. Users are also instructed to run QuickBooks File Doctor and update QuickBooks Database Server Manager as part of the usual troubleshooting steps to fix company file issues. Sadly, basic troubleshooting alone isn’t always sufficient to remove error codes like 6123, 0 and you’ll need to do more troubleshooting to fix the problem.
What Results in a 6123, 0 QuickBooks Company File Error?
The following factors are to blame for QuickBooks Desktop issue 6123.
- One of the common causes of QuickBooks displaying error message 6123 is the use of an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Damaged QuickBooks company files are responsible for various other 6000 series issues in addition to error 6123 in QuickBooks.
- You can see error 6123 in QuickBooks if you attempt to restore the backup from an online storage provider like Dropbox.
- if the Windows version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not active.
Top 5 Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Connecting to Server: – 6123,0
Step 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
If QuickBooks Desktop is not kept up to date, it not only invites mistakes but also leads to decreased performance. By keeping QuickBooks updated, you can be certain that software is free of bugs and other problems that could detract from the end user experience. Follow our article How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version for detailed instructions on how to do this for QuickBooks Desktop. The next troubleshooting step should be taken if updating QuickBooks did not solve error 6123 in the company file.
Step 2: Install and Run the Tools Hub for QuickBooks
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is a collection of various tools that may be used to fix practically every mistake that QuickBooks faces, as you may already be aware. Fast Fix A utility called My Program was created with the express purpose of updating QuickBooks installations and re-registering the installation files, which aids in removing common company file and programme errors like error 6123. To launch Quick Fix My Program Tool, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub by following the steps below:
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub by clicking HERE.
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop programme by choosing that option from the File menu..
- Open the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe setup file that was downloaded from the download location.
- To finish the installation, adhere to the instructions on the installation wizard screen.
- On your desktop, click twice on the QuickBooks Tools Hub icon.
- From the left pane, select the Program Problems tab, and then click Quick Fix my Program.
- Close the tool after the application has been fixed, then restart QuickBooks.
- Take a backup of your company file and try to determine if the problem has been fixed.
If the problem code 6123 in QuickBooks Desktop is bothering you, it means the company file has been damaged and can be repaired by starting QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor. For comprehensive instructions, proceed to the following step.
Step 3:Run QuickBooks File Doctor after downloading it to fix corrupt files
Follow our article How to Fix Damaged Company File or Network Using QuickBooks File Doctor for detailed instructions on how to download and run QuickBooks File Doctor.
If you can now access the business, the problem has been fixed. Follow the next troubleshooting step for a quick repair if you encounter the same error when restoring the company file from an external storage device.
Step 4:Backup restoration from local storage
- Go inside the QuickBooks company file folder to find the backup file folder, which is typically there.
- Look for the file with the same name as your company file but a.qbb extension.
- Transfer the backup file to your computer’s local storage.
- Restore the company file that you migrated to local storage by opening QuickBooks now.
- QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 must be occurring as a result of restoring the company file on a new computer if it
- Continues to occur. If you encounter problem 6123 when restoring the company file on a new PC, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Step 5: Utilizing the portable company file, restore the backup.
Occasionally, QuickBooks only permits you to restore the company file on the same device as the backup file was created owing to security concerns. You may get QuickBooks error 6123 if you attempt to restore the backup file (.qbb) on a different computer from the one where it was originally made. Making a portable company file (.qbm) rather than the standard backup file (.qbb) is the fix for this problem. To swiftly fix the problem, adhere to the directions below:
- On the outdated device where you made the backup, launch QuickBooks and select the File tab.
- Create a copy, then select Create Portable Company File.
- After entering a name for the company file, click Next.
- Click Save and OK after choosing the location to save the company file.
- To restore the backup, move the portable company file to the new computer.
- Launch QuickBooks. Select Restore a Portable File under the File tab and then click Next.
- Now browse the portable company file with .qbm extension and click Open.
- Carefully read the instructions given on the Where do you want to restore the file page.
- Finally click Next and click Save before opening the company file.
If you still can’t access the company file, QuickBooks Desktop’s installation process may be the real culprit. Such problems can only be fixed by installing a brand-new copy of QuickBooks Desktop after erasing all traces of the previous installation. To completely reinstall QuickBooks, use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Contact our support staff by calling +1-866-973-9785 if you’re still having trouble with QuickBooks error 6123, 0. Our customer service staff will look into the situation right away and quickly find a full solution for you.