- November 22, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
When you attempt to update your payroll tax tables in QuickBooks but an error notice abruptly comes on your screen and prevents the update process, QuickBooks Error PS036 occurs. Most often, the problem happens when you have trouble checking your payroll subscription. Other factors inside the programme may also result in QuickBooks maintenance release problem PS036. You cannot complete an ongoing task because the error code crashes an open window. This blog post provides helpful troubleshooting tips along with a detailed description of the issue code. Let’s move on!
Why Do I Receive Error Message PS036 From QuickBooks When Updating Payroll Tax Table?
The same issue when validating payroll in QuickBooks is attributed to a number of different factors.
Note: The information provided below should be carefully read as it can assist you in overcoming any technical issues that may arise when changing payroll.
- This error can take place when your payroll subscription is not active
- An inactive Direct Deposit agreement having more than one active payroll agreement can trigger the error
- A damaged QuickBooks Desktop file “paysub.ini” can evoke Intuit QB error PS036
- When QuickBooks is not updated to the latest maintenance release
- Incorrect EIN (Employee Identification Number) in the company file
- Wrong PSID in the company file
- Compatibility issues between the QuickBooks Desktop and Windows version
These are a few of the potential causes of the PS036 error when updating QuickBooks. The most obvious cause of the update error, though, is an inactive payroll subscription.
What Consequences May Occur Due To PS036 QuickBooks Payroll Update Error?
The issues listed below may arise when the error occurs. –
- Spending Over Payroll Subscription Purchase: To activate an inactive payroll subscription, you need to buy the subscription service from Intuit.
- Active Window Crash or Degraded Performance: One of the instant results of the error is your active window crashes immediately the very moment when the error takes place. Slow-performance is another side-effect of QuickBooks update error.
- Re-Installing The Whole Software: Sometimes, you may also need to re-install the entire software due to the consequences of the error. In this process, you may also lose some essential credentials.
How do i fix QuickBooks Error PS036?
Following are the best fixes to fix QuickBooks problem code PS036 with the utmost ease now that we are aware of the potential reasons.
Note: Verify this check list to make sure the troubleshooting solutions are effective before using them.
- Update QB to the latest release
- Verify EIN (Employee Identification Number)
- Install latest updates for Windows
- Verify QB login credentials
Solution 1: Repair the Damaged Paysub.ini File
If you continue to experience errors when updating payroll tax tables after checking the points provided, rename the Paysub.ini file.
- Open My Computer and hit Organize
- Select Folder and search and then click View option
- Select “Hidden Files and Folders” and then select “Show Hidden Files, Folders and drive”
- Now back to My Computer and enter the text Paysub.ini in the search area to find the file
- Right-click on the file to select Rename option
- Replace .ini to .old to give a new name to Paysub file
Note: You have to repeat the same steps for all the Paysub.ini files found. While doing so, keep in mind that the system does not permit the repetition of the file name. To avoid this, add an extra letter or number in the file name. Jump to the next solution is QuickBooks payroll error ps036 continues.
Solution 2: Verify QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
“Can’t verify QuickBooks payroll subscription” is the main cause behind the QuickBooks error message code PS036. Follow these easy steps to get the job done-
- Go to QuickBooks and log into your Payroll Service Account
- Follow the given series of action Employee -> My Payroll Services -> Account/Billing Information
- Now provide your accurate login credentials in the specified areas and hit Sign-In
- Once again, Restart your system and try to download the updates.
- Check if the same error is resolved.
NOTE: You might also run into the PS077 issue in the PSXXX series when changing payroll. If the same error occurred, you can use the thorough troubleshooting techniques in our post How to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077.
I hope this blog was helpful in fixing this frequent mistake. For a quick and stress-free fix to QuickBooks issue PS036, you may also call our Payroll customer support line at +1-866-973-9785.