- November 25, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
When an ordinary user tries to apply payroll tax updates, QuickBooks Error PS077 occurs. Tax tables are used by QuickBooks to calculate businesses’ payroll. You can organise your QB data with payroll tax tables by subscribing to the QuickBooks Payroll service. Despite being a state-of-the-art accounting application, QuickBooks exhibits unreliable behaviour like error: PS077. You can learn about the potential causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting solutions for this error by reading this post through to the conclusion, which covers the identical fault.
How To Ascertain That QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 Has Arisen?
The below-given symptoms can help you to determine that the same error has occurred-
- All your attempts to download payroll updates are going into vain.
- While downloading a payroll update, you see QuickBooks error message PS077 popping up on the screen
- You are not able to download your tax table to the latest release
- QuickBooks freezes or hangs while installing the payroll update
- Computer responds slowly on commands of mouse or keyboard
What Causes QuickBooks Update Error PS077?
The possible reasons behind the this error can be cited underneath-
- The payroll tax table, you are trying to update is invalid, damaged, corrupt
- An inactive or expired payroll subscription can be another reason for QuickBooks payroll update error
- The payroll can take place if your QuickBooks is not registered
- Incorrect or outdated billing information can also crop up QuickBooks error PS077
- It can be a damaged or corrupted QuickBooks related file causing technical hurdle in the payroll update process
How to Get Rid Of QuickBooks Error Code PS077?
Now that you are knowledgeable about the various aspects of the QuickBooks error PS077, you are prepared to begin the troubleshooting process. To ensure that the steps are effective, carefully follow the solutions in the order that they are provided.
1. Examine If Turning Off User Account Control On Windows Fixes The Error
User Account Control (UAC) can sometimes affect QuickBooks and obstruct payroll from updating. Follow the below-given steps to complete the troubleshooting-
- Go to Start menu on your computer and open the Control Panel
- Enter UAC in the search box provided and then hit Enter
- Find and select Change user account settings
- Click Yes and turn off User Account Control by shifting the slider to Never notify
- Provide your admin user details if you are prompted to do so
- Restart QuickBooks and try to download the payroll update once again
2. Utilize QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility To Resolve The Error: PS077
If the QuickBooks error message code is caused due to data damage, then running QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility can identify and fix the problem.
- Open QuickBooks and then follow the given series of action- File > Utilities > Verify Data
- Your previous action will make the tool to detect the error in the QuickBooks company file
- Again follow, File > Utilities > Rebuild Data and it will fix all the detected data issue
- Go back to Verify Data and check if there is still any kind of damage prevails in the QuickBooks company file
3. Re-install QuickBooks Using Clean Install Tool
Running the Clean Install Tool can fix any installation issues with the application. Start the tool, then watch for it to finish. If QuickBooks payroll update error PS077 persists, try updating the payroll tax tables again.
If none of the suggested fixes work, you can always get in touch with a trained QuickBooks expert. Call our payroll customer support line at +1-866-973-9785 to quickly fix this mistake.