- November 24, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
It is common for a QuickBooks user to experience technical difficulties that prevent them from using the software. An example of one of these errors is QuickBooks Error 6154. The QuickBooks Mistake Code 6154 notification appears on the user’s computer screen whenever they experience this error. The user cannot open a company file when QuickBooks 6154 issue occurs because the software cannot access the company files. By addressing the causes and solutions of error code 6154, this article will assist in fixing it.
This error can be caused due to many small reasons, which are very easy to eliminate; the following are the reasons.
- The most common reason is the QB company file or folder is corrupted.
- For example, you did not log in to QB as Admin, which is evoking error code 6154 of QB.
- However, the user did not log in to their Computer as Admin, which triggered the error.
- An incorrect file or folder path is another reason for QB error 6154.
Also Read Related Post: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Fix Company File
There are different solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 6154, but before you act upon those troubleshooting steps, there are other things that you need to keep in mind before progressing.
- Update the sync managers of Intuit to the latest version available.
- Look for Windows and QB updates, and download and install them if available.
- Download a good anti-virus that will not harm your company file after scanning the system.
- Then, copy your company file to a different location and try accessing the same file.
Quick Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 6154
There are various solutions through which you can get rid of QB error code 6154, some of them we have mentioned below to help you.
Solution 1: Ensure you are Logged in as the Admin on your Computer
If you follow the instructions in this solution, you may confirm that you are authorised to access the company file; otherwise, the privileges may be causing QuickBooks Error 6154.
- If your system is switched on, it is important to restart it.
- First, log in to your Computer using the System Administrator’s credentials.
- Then, when you have permission to open the company file, it will be updated, and you will be able to work on the QuickBooks company file again.
Solution 2: Sync the QuickBooks Company File Folder with QuickBooks
Because the company file is not correctly synced to QuickBooks, error 6154 can be related to it. The required files and folders will be synchronised with the QB application as part of this solution, which will assist you in fixing the mistake.
- With the System Administrator’s credentials, log in to your Computer and go to the C:/ Drive.
- Find and press the option of Sync now.
- Now, the files and folders will be synchronized.
- See the files and folder to match them in the QuickBooks application.
- Finally, run QB as administrator, try opening the company file now, and see if the error is resolved.
Read More: How To Use QuickBooks Condense Data Utility Tool
Solution 3: Reset the sync manager
Another solution to this error is to reset your sync manager by following these steps.
- Log into your system as the ‘System administrator and move all your company files ‘and then reset your ‘sync Manager. ‘
- Once done, then move the folder from the previous location to a different folder in your system.
- Browse your Computer and select a ‘New location ‘for the file.
- Make a new folder in the newly chosen location and copy the file from the old location, which will then be moved to the new one.
- Now reset ‘Sync Manager ‘and locate the ‘QuickBooks Help Menu.’
- Choose the ‘Manage Data Sync ‘and press the ‘Reset Sync Manager’ tab.’
- When done, provide your credentials, including your user ID and password. ‘
- Now, allow ‘Sync Manager’ to complete the first Sync.
When they encounter QuickBooks Error 6154, many users become anxious, but they don’t need to because this is a frequent error with simple fixes. This article is a great resource for understanding QuickBooks error 6154, and if the issue still arises, call us at +1-866-973-9785 to speak with a member of our support staff.