- November 29, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
QuickBooks Payroll application is known to ease multiple business tasks, and with regular tax table updates, users can stay up to date with tax filing. Recently, users have reported issues updating the payroll tax table when they see QuickBooks error PS032. You can use this article to your advantage by following various sections. Additionally, an external solution is available for all QuickBooks Payroll users.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032?
It is essential that you have QuickBooks Payroll updated with the most recent tax table as a user for an up-to-date tax filing. You can get the PS032 error code “QuickBooks having problems installing payroll tax table updates” when applying these tax table updates. You can get the error code PS077 instead of PS032, which is similar to the one in question. We will go into more detail regarding the causes of the error and effective ways to resolve QuickBooks error PS032.
Points to Remember to Update the Tax Table Successfully
There are a few boxes you need to tick in order to prevent QuickBooks Error PS032 from appearing repeatedly. Consequently, before going over the answers to PS032, here is a list.
- The status of your QuickBooks Payroll subscription must show active.
- You Payroll account must contain the correct billing information.
- Your system has only one version of QuickBooks on the system.
- Before moving to standard steps to fix the QuickBooks error PS032, repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- You must have a recent backup of your QuickBooks company file.
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS032
We will discuss manual handling of QuickBooks Error PS032 after covering its specific sections in detail. Then, implement each method one at a time to eventually obtain successful tax table updates.
First Way: Register the QuickBooks Desktop application
Your QuickBooks Desktop needs to be registered in order for you to effectively receive the most recent tax table updates. Therefore, you need to register QuickBooks Desktop in order to apply the first repair for QuickBooks issue PS032.
- Open the Product Information window and press the F2 key on your keyboard.
- You can see the status of your QuickBooks Desktop next to the License Number. If it is Activated, move to the next solution, else keep following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Help menu and choose the Activate QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Further, use the steps as they appear on the screen to register your QuickBooks application.
- After QuickBooks registration, try getting the payroll tax table update, and if the Payroll PS032 error still appears, move to the next way of resolving it.
Second Way: Run the Quick Fix my Program to Solve QuickBooks Error PS032
The steps you can use to successfully get the most recent tax table updates if the first method didn’t work to fix QuickBooks error PS032 are listed below.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop and your company file.
- Use your default web browser and get the QuickBooks Tool Hub installation file.
- When prompted, select a location to save the file, and soon you will see the file getting downloaded.
- After the file is downloaded, open the place where you saved it and double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation of Tool Hub.
- Proceed as per the on-screen instructions and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- After the installation, an icon will appear on your desktop screen.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to launch it.
- Choose Program Problems.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Reopen your QuickBooks application and then the company file.
- Try getting Payroll tax table updates.
Third Way: Turn off UAC (User Account Control) on your Operating System
The Windows User Account Control settings occasionally have the ability to limit the QuickBooks payroll updating process. You must thus switch it off, download the necessary updates, and then turn it back on if you want to fix error code PS032.
- Use your keyboard to press the Windows + R keys.
- The Run window will appear on your screen.
- In the text bar, type Control Panel.
- Hit the Enter key or click on OK.
- Next, you must choose User Accounts from the Control Panel’s top menu.
- Click on the Change User Account Control Settings.
- Select Yes, and take the slider to Never Notify to turn off UAC.
- You must restart the system and then update the payroll tax table.
- Finally, you must use the above steps to turn on the UAC.
Fourth way: Perform Manual Updates for QuickBooks
As a last resort, we advise manually updating QuickBooks so that it has the most recent security patches installed. You will successfully be able to receive payroll updates once QuickBooks has been updated.
- First, if you have an active QuickBooks window, close it and click on the Start menu.
- Use the search text bar to look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Highlight the icon and then right-click on it.
- Click on Run as administrator.
- You will see the No Company Open screen in front of you.
- Use the Help menu and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Options tab.
- Choose Mark All before selecting Save.
- Next, you must use the Update Now tab.
- Click on the Reset Update checkbox to select it.
- You must finally press the Get Updates button.
We now conclude our blog post about QuickBooks Error PS032. If the issue persists, your situation probably calls for more sophisticated remedies. Contact the support staff at +1-866-973-9785 for the same person.