- November 8, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Categories: Blog, Sage
The server’s SmartPosting service is not functioning and cannot be restarted
You can face error messages on your desktop with your SmartPosting application like
Or your programme might not install properly; alternatively, you might experience login problems with the message “SMART posting has crashed. Server administrator intervention is required.”
How Can the Issue Be Solved?
- Make sure the Sage 50 is shut down first.
- Verify the three files specified below are present in your program’s installation path by going to the server.
- Next, copy the below command line into your Notepad:
sc create “Sage 50 Smart Posting 2019” start= auto binPath= “C:\Program Files\Sage50\SmartPostingService2019.exe” DisplayName= “Sage 50 SmartPosting 2019”
- Within your Notepad, update your binPath to exactly match the program path.
- If a user uses a different release, then you need to change the year 2019 in all three places to the right Release Year
- Select Start and Run
- Enter cmd in the Open field box and select OK.
- Now, paste the command line you generated in step 3 into your DOS prompt box and press enter
- SUCCESS will display on the screen
- Choose Start, Run and enter services.msc
- Under the list, right-click on the Sage 50 installed SmartPosting 20XX and select the Start
- Verify your SmartPosting service is now actively running